Join Our Team
Legal Assistant / Paralegal
Are you ready to work directly with clients, help manage cases and files, and help grow a small law firm into something awesome? This is the place for you. AmicusPoint Law LLC is a small law firm focusing on employment, business, and litigation. We are looking for a motivated, results focused individual ready to roll up their sleeves and grown with us. You will help the principal attorney with all aspects of running a small law firm, including client intake and relationship development, scheduling, case and file management, drafting template letters and pleading documents, and general office administrative tasks.
• Must have great people skills. You will have direct contact with clients.
• Must have great editing, proofreading, and Word document formatting skills. You will assist in preparing, formatting, and proofreading correspondence, memos, pleadings, research outlines, and meeting minutes.
• Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish.
• Prepare template documents, such as agreements, civil litigation pleadings, letters, and memorandums.
• Assist with managing client files in both physical and electronic form. We use Clio as our case management software.
• Prepare/format corporate documents and effect filing with the offices of the Secretary of State.
• Perform UCC searches and filings.
• Conduct basic clerical tasks answering phones and emails, data entry, photocopy, scanning, and mailing.
• Perform any other tasks required to assist the law firm function effectively.
• 1-2 years as a legal assistant (an exception can be made for the right person).
• Strong English editing and proofreading skills (Bachelor’s degree in English preferred but not required).
• Experience in Windows OS, Microsoft Office, and PDF files.
• Strong sense of ownership and willingness to present ideas and show initiative. That means you must have energy every time you come to work.
• Ability to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities.
• Work well under pressure with a high level of attention to detail.
Are you still there?
We are looking to hire someone for 20-25 hours a week, with the expectation that as the firm grows, so will you.
What will you earn? $19 to $21/hour.
We will even pay for a gym membership.
Ready to work together? Send us your resume along with a cover letter.